Monday, March 30, 2015

BEAUTIFUL SPRINGTIME......designs by Donna Mundinger

This month our design team is looking toword Spring and all it's beautiful colors. Below are some samples by
DONNA MUNDINGER



Dream in Flowers Card


All stamps used were from the Gecko Galz Gifts from the Garden digital Stamp set.   In my printing program, I layered IMG10 with IMG3.  I also printed IMG15 twice and cropped the sentiment from from IMG 19. The main images were colored lightly with Copics and fussy cut.  I carefully tore around the the music part of the stamp and inked that area with Frayed Burlap Distress.  I fussy cut the two butterflies from IMG15 and attached them at the bodies only on top.  I layered a 6x6" square card with very old DP from my stash, tucking lace tape from Decollections under the DP edges before gluing it down.  The images were raised with adhesive foam at an angle and I added some ribbon snippets and a floral cameo from WeR Memory Keepers in the top corner.  I distressed the sentiment with the edge of my scissors and inked it with Frayed Burlap before popping it top left.  I balanced it out with 3 adhesive pearls in the bottom right corner.




Fashionable Hats Accordion card

Supplies:
Gecko Galz Fashionable Hats Collage Sheet

Other: Sizzix Accordion Flip 3D Album die
Spellbinders Labels 1 die
Green card stock
2 different coordinating DP's (lightweight)
Flowers from Petal Lu
Computer generated sentiment

Cut 3 accordion panels from green card stock and 3

 more from each of the 2 lightweight Dp's.  Cut off side

 flaps from each of the Dp panels and then trim each

 side 1/8th".  Trim small flaps on each swing panel off,

 as well.

  Glue side flaps of card stock together and then DP

 panels to card stock (alternating prints), but leave the

 areas where the card stock flaps adhere to the flip

 panels free, so when you attach the flip panels, you can

 slip them between the patterned DP and they won't

 show.  Size 4 Fashionable Hats Ladies and sentiment to

 fit the Spellbinder's Labels One die (approximately 2

 1/2" square for the 2 3/4" die), print and cut out with die.

  Also print 3 "and another" sentiments and cut those to

 fit on the top or bottom of the back panels.  Attach

 ladies and sentiments and fold and attach inner flip

 panels together under the DP and glue DP over the

 flaps.  Attach flowers to front as shown.



Beautiful Mind Wall Hanging

Supplies:
Gecko Galz Beautiful Words Collage Sheet
Other:
Black, pink, lime and turquoise card stock
DP from DCWV
Asst. flowers- Prima
Metal key-K&Company
Metal Lock and jump rings-Tim Holtz
Create resin light bulb- Prima Junkyard findings
Butterfly Sticker-Nature's Illusions


First I sized the Beautiful Mind image from the Beautiful Words collage sheet to fit the resin light bulb I wanted to use.  That came to about 5 x 6 1/2 ".  From the same sheet I cropped and resized the Happiness quote to 1 3/8 x 5 1/4 and also cropped out the butterfly from that quote twice and resized them to fit on either side.  I resized the Do Your Best image to 1 x 2" and printed them all and cut them out.  I matted the main image in lime, cut the Dp to 6 3/4 x 9" and matted that in black so the finished size of the top part of the hanging is 7 1/4 x 9 1/2".    I matted the Do Your Best quote in turquoise and glued it diagonally to the top left of the Beautiful Mind image and added the rest of the embellishments.  The Happiness quote was matted in hot pink and again in black.  The finished size of the bottom is 2 1/8 x 6".  I poked hole in the top and bottom portion of the hanging and attached them with jump rings.  Finally, I fussy cut the butterflies and glued them along the bodies only, on either side of the quote, and bent the wings up.

we asked Donna the following question

 " If you had magic powers what 3 things would you do to advance the Crafting/scrapbooking Movement?" 

 First of all, if I had magic powers, I'd clean and organize my craft room which would at least advance my crafting movement. LOL  Then I could concentrate on the rest.  Next I would change attitudes so that crafting/scrapbooking is recognized as ART and not just a frivolous hobby by some.  Finally, I'd give everyone the confidence, time and means to pursue their dreams, follow their imagination, and love what they've created.


2 comments:

  1. Three great project Donna. Love them all. My favorite GG print is the "free your beautiful mind". It is colorful and creative. Your work is always stunning...glad you are having fun designing with the GG products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these samples Donna. Your work is always so inspiring! The wall hanging is my favorite, so much gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete