Wednesday, April 8, 2015

DESIGNS BY BARBARA BIRD

This month our design team is Celebrating all things Easter and Spring with eggs, chicks and rabbits oh my. 
Below are some amazing samples by
BARBARA BIRD



EASTER WISHES CARD

Using Gecko Galz EASTER PARADE Craft Kit

- Card base is made with a cream color card stock.
- Card front is a colorful basket weave that I had in
  my paper stash....very Eastery
- Image is from Easter Parade Icons 2
- I covered the top of image with little paper flowers
  and put rhinestones in the middle of each.
- Ribbon is a pink polka dot shear.

- Everything was inked in brown.





BUNNY BANNER

Using Gecko Galz EASTER PARADE Craft Kit

The banner pieces were one of the $1 finds from Michael's and
 I covered them with a colorful basket weave paper that I have had
 in my stash for awhile. and then inked the edges in brown.
-The rabbit face was a chipboard piece that I forgot I had, I cut
 pieces fro the basket weave paper for the inside of his ears, pink
 pompom for nose and used white pipe cleaner for whiskers. The
 eyes are blue circles with black circles inside and a white pen to
 make the highlights. I then glued it on to one of the banner pieces.
-Images are from Easter Parade Icons and I put a doily under each
 one. Doily's were gotten at Michael's.
-I strung the pieces up with white bakers twine.
-Plastic eggs are from almost everywhere but make sure you check
 to make sure the holes are in the ends (some eggs don't have them)
-I am thinking of adding ribbon thru the holes on the four banner

 pieces, think they would look cute with bows hiding the holes.

1 comment:

  1. That bunny banner is as cute as can be and I love how you've added the extra flowers to the egg. Fabulous, Barbara! xxD

    ReplyDelete